Saturday, March 7, 2015

Tasting - 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon


Variety: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Washington
Country: US
Year: 2012
Price: $12.00

Winery Review: The 14 Hands Cabernet Sauvignon features aromas of blueberries and black currants with subtle hints of dried herbs and spice. Dark stone fruit flavors are complemented by a touch of cocoa and accentuated by fine, velvety tannins.

My Review: I've probably had this wine 20 times before with my parents, (maybe not this vintage) and they buy it by the dozen, but this was the first time I've actually tasted it.. so here goes:
I smelled raspberries on the nose, and the first sip was almost medicine-y like Benadryl and cranberry-like. The midpalate had strong flavors of red fruits and cleaning supplies, and the aftertaste hinted of cherries. I had crispy chicken breast with this wine, and looking back, my descriptions don't sound appealing at all, but it was quite enjoyable haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment