Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Tasting - Dragani Montepulciano D'Abruzzo


Name: Dragani Montepulciano D'Abruzzo
Variety: 100% Montepulciano
Region: Abruzzo
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $5.99


Winery Review: Ruby red & purple hints; ripe fruit aroma, black cherry & plum with a touch of coffee; full flavour tannin and medium length finish.

My Review: When I sniffed this wine, I smelled pepper and black tea, with a faint bit of plum flavors in the back. The first sip was actually a disappointment, as the wine tasted pale and watery on my tongue. The midpalate tasted bitter like sourdough bread, and the aftertaste was acidic like vinegar. This wine was not reminiscent of the Italian wine I tried in Rome, but like watered down, spoiled grape juice, and I didn't even try it with food. I'll have to try another Montepulciano sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment