Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tasting - Desire Mist Wine Beverage

Name: Desire Mist Tropical Fruit

Hmm...I wonder who picked out this one.
Variety: I don't even know
Region: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Year: Unlisted
Price: $5.99

Winery Review: Tropical fruits flavoured wine beverage. Lightly sparkling.

My Review: So this was one of the wines picked up at the checkout counter at the bulk wine store, and I was imagining a wine reminiscent of fruits, but no, they literally dumped fruit juices into an unknown varietal of wine and called it a day. The outcome? On the nose, it had some pineapple, caribbean aromas, and the first sip was fizzy and weird. If I wasn't expecting wine, it would have been a great wine-cooler, but was definitely not wine. The midpalate was sweet and peachy, leading into a refreshing aftertaste. I tried this beverage without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment