Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tasting - Kikusui Junmai Daiginjo (Sake)


Name: Kikusui Junmai Daiginjo
Variety: Junmai Daiginjo Sake
Country: Japan
Year: ?
Price: $27.99

Winery Review: Gracious fruity aromais the key offering of Kikusui Junmai Daiginjo. It flows silky smooth, with a hint of green apple. Best paired with light Sashimi such as white fish and Amaebi. Perfect as a gift to show your gratitude to someone special. Type: Junmai Daiginjo. Taste: Clean and dry. Serving suggestions: Best served chilled. Also good at room temperature. Alcohol content 15%.

My Review: I had this sake at room temperature, and it was actually a gift my roommate received and shared. At first whiff, this drink smelled like candy and peaches. I took a sip and could only think of cactus juice, or a nectar of some type. I had no idea how to properly drink sake, so I took it like a normal table wine. In the midpalate, the sake was bittersweet, and made my mouth pucker a little, but was not overbearing and definitely wasn't as strong as I had imagined sake to be. The aftertaste was ironically grapelike, and left a warm glow in my mouth. I did not consume this wonderful drink with food, but it did make me want sushi.




No comments:

Post a Comment