Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tasting - Chateau Morrisette Farmhouse Sangria

Name: Chateau Morrisette Farmhouse Sangria


Variety: Red Blend
Region: Meadows of Dan, Virginia
Country: United States
Year: Unlisted
Price: $7.99

Winery Review: Sweet blend of red wine and fruit. Serve chilled or over ice. Excellent choice for any festive occasion.

My Review: Ding ding ding! This was this winner of the night! We loved how sweet and smooth this Sangria hybrid was, and I'd chug by the jug if it were socially acceptable. On the nose, I smelled apples and, for the first time with wine; concord grapes! It reminded me of Welch's, and the midpalate was tangy and citrus-y. The fruity aftertaste was rich like those Shirley Temple drinks I used to crave, and this wine accented pretty much any cheese or meat I put near it.

No comments:

Post a Comment