Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tasting - HokieBird Red

Name: HokieBird Red (Chateau Morrisette)


Variety: Red Blend
Region: Meadows of Dan, Virginia
Country: United States
Year: Unlisted
Price: $7.99

Winery Review: A smooth, semi-dry Virginia Table Wine for any Hokie occasion.

My Review: As a Hokie, this one was a must, and as a red, the flavors definitely came from the must too! #badwinejokes ......... anyways, I threw this one in when getting my ridiculous volumes of alcohol at Kroger's end-of-March-sale, which doubled the bulk wine discounts normally available, and I was pleased with my spontaneous selection! On the nose, I got rich plums and cherries, and the first sip was jammy and semi-dry. The midpalate was woody, and smoothed out over time, leading to a warm, fruity finish. I had this wine with multiple cheeses, pepperoni, and crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment