Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tasting - Sheffield Cream Sherry

Name: Sheffield Cream Sherry


Variety: Dessert
Region: Modesto, California
Country: United States
Year: Unlisted
Price: $6.00

Winery Review: Sheffield Cellars produces award winning dessert wines. Our ports, sherries, and marsala are all excellent as aperitifs and are also perfect as ingredients to many of your favorite dishes.

My Review: This was the first Sherry I've ever tasted, and had no idea what to expect going in. On the nose, it smelled strong, and the first sip stung almost like liquor would. The flavors of whiskey and honey came through, and I didn't experience any reminders of grapes or even fruits like the midpalate normally does. The aftertaste was hot and bitter, and left me with an overall impression that I don't like Sherry while in the mood for wine. That said, I might have to try something more than a $6 bottle from Ghetto Kroger to make that generalization. I didn't bother with food on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment