Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tasting - Madria Sangria

Name: Madria Sangria Moscato


Variety: Wine Specialty Beverage (lol?)
Region: Modesto, California
Country: United States
Year: Unlisted
Price: $5.99

Winery Review: Our Madria Sangria Moscato was inspired by warm seaside summers. A delicious blend of Moscato wine with hints of orange, peach and apple, this white sangria has the right amount of sweetness and refreshment to enliven your summer cocktails. It pairs perfectly with fun, festive gatherings on warm summer nights—or chiller nights when you dream of delicious evenings to come.

My Review: This one, despite learning afterwards that it wasn't really Sangria, was a delightful finish to wine night, and was easily downed by most of the guests. This was also the only wine I've ever seen to have a "Nutrition Facts" section on the back, or that 0% fruit juice was included in my "sweet and fruity" specialty beverage. But alas, I said no shame in any wines, so I'll stick by that.
On the nose, I definitely got the sweet, fruity vibes they were broadcasting. The first sip was sparkly, like licking a battery (I assume no liability for what you try at home), but pleasant and peachy. The midpalate was crisp and clean, like flavored water, and the aftertaste was bright with hints of citrus and melons. Overall, I would definitely recommend serving this as intramural sports refreshments, because I know I'd play better fueled with this than electrolytes (again, what you try on your own time is on you, people). I had this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment