Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My wine experience so far...

Howdy y'all,

Welcome to my blog! I'm somewhat new to both blogging and tasting wine, so please bear with me while I get my footings here.


First off, a little about me; I'm currently a senior at Virginia Tech studying Civil Engineering, and planning to graduate this coming May 2015! Right after graduation, I'm planning a road trip with my girlfriend around most of the continental US, and so it seems winery tours, bar hopping, and cultural shifts are in my near future. I've had too much experience with alcohol in general during these four years at college, but unsurprisingly not as much with wines, so embarking on this taste adventure is actually exciting for me. I have accepted a job offer with a land development firm in Northern Virginia for next August, and plan to live in the Arlington, VA area after the summer. But enough about me, let's get down to what we're really here for... WINE!


My history with wines is fairly consistent in that what I've bought has usually cost me less than $10, and I've acually enjoyed most wines I've come across. I've ranged from sad Franzia outings with the fraternity, to glasses of Montepulciano in Rome, Italy with the family, and each have come with their own amazing memories. Now, I believe I'm ready to expand my palate and hone my senses to find what wines I really enjoy, and to experiment with food pairings as well. From this course, I hope to learn the basics of what makes wine, well, wine, and what makes one bottle $3 at Trader Joes, and another $27 at Kroger, when if they were in the same glass (or solo cup) I might not have been able to tell which is which!


So thanks for checking into my wine blog, and I hope this is as entertaining for you as I believe it will be for me, and if you have any good wine suggestions for me to try next (especially if they won't break my budget!) then feel free to send them to me at roselius@vt.edu anytime!

Regards, and happy tastings!
Mike Roselius

No comments:

Post a Comment