Sunday, February 22, 2015

Tasting - Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon


Variety: Unlisted
Region: California
Country: US
Year: 2012
Price: $6.99

Winery Review: Experience our interpretation of Cabernet Sauvignon, a flavor-packed glassful of blackberry, cassis, and a lick of baking spice that nearly busts out of its velvet cage with backbone and structure.

My Review: I had this wine the second night of the weekend, and tasted it during dinner of both veal and lasagna to compliment it. On the nose, this wine sure smelled fruity, and on the first sip, I felt a strong taste of dark fruits that I could only describe as "sharp" (in a good way). In the midpalate, I felt this wine as hot and sticky, with the dark fruits turning into more of a marmalade. The aftertaste felt almost wintery, with a hint of spices, as if I should be sipping it next to a warm fire. The veal was improved when paired with this wine, but even moreso, I loved the mix of marinara and cabernet with the lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment