Friday, February 20, 2015

Tasting - Walmart's Best (Oak Leaf)

Alright, so if the title didn't give it away, I'm unashamedly using the bottle of Walmart wine I had lying around as my first tasting of the season:


Name: Oak Leaf White Zinfandel
Variety: 100% Zinfandel
Region: California
Country: US
Price: $2.97

Winery Review: This refreshing, fruit-forward White Zinfandel has aromas of ripe strawberries and raspberries with the perfect touch of sweetness. Pair with Baked Brie.

My Review: I'll admit, I've had Oak Leaf a few times during my college career, but this was the first time I can say I've smelled it before gulping it down. On the nose, this wine indeed smelled fruity, and from first sip to aftertaste, I can say it felt refreshing and sweet without much heat or tannins on the mouthfeel. Overall, I enjoyed this variety, and will likely be trying the whole rainbow of Oak Leaf wines over the semester, simply out of cheapness. I did not pair this wine with food, by the way.

2 comments:

  1. Wine tourism also acts as a lever for the local economy, with the increase in tourism offers, small towns in the interior gain new business and job creation possibilities. The presence of travelers throughout the year is a guarantee of sustenance for the community and local entrepreneurs. willamette tours Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will truly going to generally share this URL with my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once your vines begin to look more alive, you should always ensure that your soil is damp at all times. However, if your area gets pretty good rainfalls, you may not need to keep your soil moist as the rains will take care of this. However, if rain is scarce in your area, you are going to need to keep the soil moist. Also, if you have soil that is a bit sandy, you also need to keep it watered quite often. Soils that are clay based should not be watered as often as the clay helps to retain water.

    willamette wine tour
    This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work.

    ReplyDelete