Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Tasting - Rex Goliath Pinot Noir

Alright, many of this week's were bottles I had already purchased or been given before starting this blog, so I'm going to run through them before I start making educated purchases. Here goes...


Name: Rex Goliath Pinot Noir
Variety: Pinot Noir
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: Unlisted
Price: $4.99

Winery Review: Lush and velvety, our Pinot is an iron fist in a velvet glove - firm but with a silky elegance.

My Review: Okay. This wine tastes like wine; not many fruits, or tannins, or anything special. On the nose, it smelled like herbs or cut grass, and the first sip tasted faintly like chemicals. The midpalate was easy, but almost sour, and it left an unpleasant aftertaste. I tried this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment