Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tasting - That Stuff Tony Makes, Green Apple Riesling

Name: That Stuff Tony Makes, Green Apple Riesling


Variety: 75% Riesling, 25% Green Apple
Region: Maryland
Country: US
Year: 2013
Price: $13.00

Winery Review: All the fruit flavors of a Green apple, slightly tart but yet just sweet enough to be very refreshing. Store in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.

My Review: This wine was a fun one, and was a gift to me, so I figured I'd try it out for this class. On the nose, they didn't lie because it smelled like a sour apple jolly rancher. The first sip, however, brought relief, as the light sweetness of a riesling showed through. The midpalate was fruity and honeyed, and the apple brought a pleasant tartness to the aftertaste. I tried this wine without food, but honestly don't know what would have paired with it anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment